NC tour A Canadian who lives in North Carolina, choreographer-on-the-rise Helen Simoneau is using her newest evening-length work, Caribou, to take a closer look at heritage, assimilation and identity. She studies these ideas through the iconic caribou—an enormously antlered animal beloved by our friends to the nort.
Are you looking for ways to keep craft time with your children simple and fun? If so, I hope you will put some of the following suggestions to use.
- Find the craft the kids want to make and then make a list of all the supplies you will need to make the craft.
- If you do not have everything on hand add the supplies you need to your shopping list so you will not forget them.
- Put a plastic table cloth down where you will be crafting.
- Have all supplies laid out before you announce craft time to your kids.
- Use non-toxic paints, glues, etc.
- Have wet wipes and paper towels handy for spills.
- Always try to have extra supplies in case something is lost or torn, etc.
- Let them wear old clothes so you will not be stressed out over ruining what they are wearing.
- Show the kids how to do the craft but let them do it in their own way. If you insist on it being perfect then you might as well do the craft yourself and forget about having craft time with the kids. It also makes the children think that everything has to be perfect and that their best is not good enough. Sometimes little hands need help but you know you have gone too far when you are the only one left at the craft table.
- Have fun! Don’t worry about a little paint on their hands & faces, take pictures instead.
I hope you will try these suggestions for a stress free craft time with your children. Show them how to have funs, they will learn how to be stressed out way too soon anyway.
Pattern transfer is a craft work that involves your designing skills along with time and patience to create a beautiful pattern.
craft book, craft book club, arts and crafts book, kid book crafts, discount craft book, child craft book, used book craft
Many of you might be having an artistic approach towards life and would love to make use of this art during your leisure time. A craft book is a great way to improve your skills with all the innovative ideas and steps at your fingertips. Transferring patterns is also a craft work that requires your time and skills.
Things you require for pattern transfer
You need to have craft supplies, piece of material, transfer paper, craft tools, a transfer pencil, iron and ironing board.
Instructions for pattern transfer
1. While you work on a hard surface, you need to trace the entire design with the help of your transfer pencil. You should try to keep the pressure of your stroke even all the way around the design to ensure a good transfer because if it is too light you won’t be able to see the lines of the design when you begin the project. You are about to transfer a reverse image of the one you have just printed. If the design is reversible then nothing matters but if it is not then you need to trace the image with your transfer pencil onto the other side of paper and remember that the side you trace shall face down on the material to be ironed.
2. Next you have to lift the pattern from the material which is ready for the project and could be used again.
3. Now cut a square around your pattern and for this it is better to work with a small piece of paper when you want to transfer the pattern to material with an iron. You have to position the pattern face down on the piece of material you are using for your project and then hold the pattern in place tightly with one hand and iron firmly and consistently over the pattern with your medium heated iron. Next set the iron aside and hold all but one corner of the pattern in place tightly with one hand and you can lift the free corner to check if the design is showing up dark enough. If it is not still dark, iron consistently in your coverage of the pattern till you get satisfactory results.
Art of Renaissance
Renaissance art is the painting, beautiful specialties and sculpture of the time of European history, rising as an unmistakable style in Italy in around 1400, in corresponding with advancements which happened in science, technology, literature, philosophy and music. The Renaissance (rinascimento) was centered in Florence the capital of Tuscany before Italy was unified. So, it took place primarily in Italy but its innovation and ideas reaches far and wide. In old French Renaissance word literally means “Rebirth” in spiritual sense. Renaissance was a rebirth of expansion for religious interpretation, classical antiquity, poetry, drama, culture and scientific discovery, exploration of new lands and flourishing of the Arts.
During the 1300s Europe rose out of the Dark Ages. The period is often known as a period of war, starving, obliviousness, and pandemics for instance Black Death (Bubonic plague was a disease which wiped out a lot of population). A few antiquarians accept that such horrid portrayals of the Middle Ages were incredibly overstated, however many concurs that there was moderately little respect for antiquated Greek and Roman ways of thinking and learning at that point.
Italian Early Renaissance
During the 14th century Italian started The Renaissance and it remained the rule style, and in a lot of Europe, until the 16th century. Early Renaissance art was made in corresponding with Late Medieval art. The medieval values that came before it encouraged obedience and faith and authority. In the period between 14th and 16th centuries Renaissance art devalued the Europe from medieval era to the Early Modern age. Italians accepted that the boorish societies of the Dark and Early Middle Ages had disposed of the high creative principles set by the old Romans and Greeks. This was impeccably in line with their craving to make a general, even honorable, type of art which could communicate the new and surer mind-set of the occasions. In favor of new and bright era that would draw inspiration from the Greek and Roman traditions of antiquity & some really creative things started happening in drawing, sculpture, painting and architecture.
The Renaissance in Florence
Italy was perfectly situated between east and west for overseas trade. The creation of material drove their economy and a dealer class rose; the cash came rolling in. Italy was made up of independent city-states every city state had its own personal government, culture, economy, and creative style. Certain conditions supported the improvement in Florence during this span. In 15th century, Florence turned into a significant trade community. The city of Florence was ruled by a Member of powerful family of Merchants & bankers -the Medicis. With the collection of abundance frequently comes a longing to utilize it to appreciate the delights of life they use their vast wealth to sponsor the arts and sciences. The people of Florence were generally quite earthbound, pragmatic practical people that led to large increase in documentation and they were also hugely materialistic.
Renaissance spread to western & northern Europe
Renaissance art influencing the artist and their supporters with the advancement of new methods and new aesthetic sensibilities. It promoted the rediscovery of traditional way of thinking, writing and art. And the most prominent masterminds, creators, legislators, researchers and artists flourished during this era. The development previously extended to other Italian city-states, for example, Venice, Milan, Bologna, Ferrara and Rome. During the 15th century, Renaissance humanist way of thinking spread from Italy to France and afterward all through western and northern Europe.
Impact of Humanism
A social development called Humanism which had created during the 14th century started to pick up force in Italy. It was fostered by scholars who studied at recently opened university of Florence. This gave a circular non religious education especially one of no longer connected to classical God. There was a huge change from the gothic era which was centered on fear, faith and the power of the church. The cause was known as the studious Humanities; there were various styles of art and engineering that were created in Italy among its numerous standards, humanism advanced that man was the focal point of his own personal universe, and individuals should grasp human accomplishments in instruction, traditional expressions, writing and science which stayed a significant development that affected art creation also. In this time the main focus of literature was on human, human thoughts, universe, its surrounding, nature, men, women & children all were their focus apart from religion they were moving toward modern period. Renaissance main creature was humanism.
Key Element of Renaissance
Most significant critical components of the Renaissance art were:
- Naturalism: A quest for flawlessness structure that was enlivened by the naturalism of Classical figure.
- Humanism: The impact of way of thinking of Classical humanism which is uncovered in continuous move from strict to common topic in art.
- Viewpoint Drawing: The improvement of viewpoint drawing as the standard methods for arranging the spatial profundity of an image.
- New Media and Techniques: The improvement of new media and strategies which were fundamental to accomplish a more noteworthy naturalism in art.
The improvement of Renaissance art can be separated into four particular stages –
- Proto Renaissance
- Early Renaissance
- High Renaissance
- Venetian Renaissance
During 1300 to 1400 the artist were zero in on Christianity and Biblical stories; utilized shallow spaces, restricted demonstrating, and natural point of view; the artists tried to strengthen the social centrality of the Catholic church, yet in addition started to investigate Humanist qualities. By the mid 14th century paintings had very flat decorative religious themed images changed with the appearance of painters like Giotto and Fra Angelico. They studied artists from ancient Greece and Rome and drew from real life. They painted with egg tempera which was color pigment mixed with egg yolk. They also used gold which could be flattened as thin as leave and could be brushed onto the paintings. Johannes Gutenberg helped spread these new ideas to the rest of the world with his invention; the printing press.
Early renaissance art they were more inspired by optimism alongside naturalism. Artists painted people more realistically and placed them in three-dimensional settings. Early renaissance painters were stressing the strict scene as a display. It has that feeling of agreement and equilibrium. The architecture at the time was also inspired by ancient Greece and Rome. These years saw an explosion in creativity. Compositions- meaning where people and objects are placed in a picture became balanced, proportion perfected! The ideas for artworks no longer came just from religion. A real Renaissance person’ could be an architect, painter, sculptor, engineer or even inventors all rolled into one.
In high renaissance there is less use of strict figures. They make art to look more genuine; they have solid interest in life structures. High Renaissance has moved away from the three-sided structures and began making pyramidal syntheses and has feeling of agreement and equilibrium. The High Renaissance figures look more sensible; painters were accentuating the strict subjects as people. The introduction of perspective revolutionized the way buildings and backgrounds were painted. New styles and techniques emerged & the true impact of the Renaissance could really be seen in the visual arts the influence of geometry and mathematics could be seen as artists strived for perfection.
The renaissance was a complete shift and place high value on knowledge and personal responsibility. It is important to flip Renaissance into the early Renaissance from beginning of Florence and the high Renaissance which moved the concentration of art of that period. This time is known for its practical landscape, straight viewpoint and its inventive light and dim shadowing known as keira sciutto. The practical point of a succeeding age included the extreme advance of entering through the surface to give another feeling of space, downturn and three-dimensional structure.
During the 15th century, Venice was the most prosperous city in Italy because of its great area mix of monetary, social and geographical conditions. Venetian specialists all the more normally drew in with the exotically charged components of shading and light to make a climatic impression of their reality. Venetian Renaissance offered ascends to an alternate character of art with a more grounded accentuation on pattern, shading, and atmosphere. Their way of painting described by profound, rich tones, an accentuation on surfaces joined to move canvases with a more energetic utilization of shading. The Humanist qualities, the utilization of straight point of view, and naturalistic metaphorical this brought about works of progressive dynamism, unrivaled lavishness, and particular mental articulation.
Famous Renaissance Artist
The Renaissance began as a literary movement with the texts of antiquity being rediscovered but it was quickly picked up by the visual arts and sciences. Italy’s mixing between math, science and art during this time prompted the revelation of viewpoint in human expressions was an accomplishment that permitted new space to be designed in the works of paintings flattened stack space was replaced with mathematically accurate images with dimension and depth. The Renaissance experts made an extraordinary investigation of life structures as well as of viewpoint, numerical extent and, by and large, the study of space. The longing of the period for information may mostly represent this theoretical interest, yet it held more explicit starting points and reasons. Direct point of view of architects in drawings and reproductions of the old style kinds of building they looked to restore.It would produce innovative thinkers such as Nicholas Copernicus, Desideratum Erasmus and the Renaissance artists that would become some of the most recognizable and well loved masters in the world such as
- Leonardo Da Vinci is appreciated as an inventor, a researcher, a scholastic. He is generally popular for his accomplishments as the painter of a few Renaissance show-stoppers. His most famous works are The Last Supper, The Virgin of the Rocks & the Mona Lisa.
- Michelangelo Buonarroti was also a painter and sculptor; His most notable works are the Last Judgment, the David, and the Basilica of Saint Peter’s in the Vatican. Moreover his famous achievement was the ceiling of the Sistine chapel in Rome.
The Renaissance which began in Italy shook everything up and lasted hundreds of years. It led to big achievements in art and science and changed how people think.
ROCKVILLE, Md., April 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- American Dance Institute announced today that, beginning in September 2015, it will support the expansion of the CityDance School & Conservatory, headquartered Music Center.
Diversity is a hot-button topic in today’s dance world. It’s often linked to conversations about the rise of Misty Copeland, and there have been many notable outreach efforts, such as Charlotte Ballet’s partnership with Dance Theatre of Harlem, American Ballet Theatre’s Project Plié.
All dance companies are, inevitably, in perpetual transition, but that’s unusually pronounced just now at Pennsylvania Ballet, which opened a program of 21st-century choreography on Tuesday night at the Joyce Theater. Since Angel Corella became the company’s artistic director in 2014, large numbers of dancers have come and gone.
Some of those dancing in New York this week have arrived since Mr. Corella joined the company, while others are in their final season.Read More